Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Feast


Appetizer

Name two things that made you smile this week.

* My dad telling me he loves me. He lives 5 hours away, but thanks to modern technology (& cingular) I get to talk to him every day. Sometimes even a couple times a day. He ALWAYS tells me he loves me. But this time is was even more special. He was just released from the hospital. He had been having chest pains. I was not able to go see him. It felt good to hear him say those words to me.

* I was looking through some pictures and found some of my brother when he was younger. It made me smile to see that my G.I. Joe looks so much like his uncle, my brother. Toots would of liked that.

Soup
Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?

* ... you are looking forward to cooking something and then realize you are missing an ingredient. An ingredient that can't be substituted or your dish won't taste the same without this one item.

Salad
When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?

* Prayer. I pray for those I love, those in need and I go through my "thankful" list.

Main Course
What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?

* How or why certain smells trigger memories.

Dessert
What is your favorite pasta dish?

* My mouth waters at the thought of lasagna. Mmmmm...

1 comment:

justjuls said...

I came here to visit and read your T13 - and found two that touched my heart. Your brother was so blessed to be so loved in his life -even if nobody else ever loved him (which sounds like it was NOT the case) it sounds like you adored him. I think we are all truly blessed to have one person really really love us like that. You can't buy that with a million dollars either.
Glad to make a new friend!