Friday, February 22, 2008

30-Day SEX Challenge

I'm sure by now many have heard of the pastor of a little church in Florida. He proposed a 30-Day SEX Challenge to his congregation. I'm sure this raised lots of eyebrows, I know that it did with me. I found this interesting. So I went to their site to check it out.

At first, my Knight and I thought, "What if you aren't married?". Well, he challenged those that aren't married to a 30-Days of Abstinence. Imagine that! What a concept! My other thought was, "What about those that can't keep up with the 30-Day challenge because of health reason?" Not that I have a problem with this. LOL! RABBIT CHASING: Years ago while we were in a couples Sunday School class, the subject of intimacy with your spouse came up. Someone mentioned something and I blurted out "Oh we don't have a problem in that department!". I still can't believe I said that! To this day (15+ years later) they haven't let me live it down.

RABBIT BACK IN THE CAGE: I want to be the wife, mom & woman God wants me to be. So aside from reading His Word, I read books and articles about being a better wife, mom and woman. I don't do it fore me, I do it for my loved ones. BUT, by doing it for them, it blesses not only them, but it blesses me too. By having a good and healthy relationship with my Knight, we are setting an example for our children.

This 30-Day challenge is not only a sex challenge. It's an intimate, soul searching challenge with yourself and your spouse. Can't get any better than that! God has a wonderful way of putting things together. The online devotions I received, all had to do with my entry's topic. It's not because it's been on the news lately, cause some of the devotions came from books that were already written. It's a God thing.



I'll share this one with you today...

Chemical Reaction

My son, give attention to my wisdom, incline your ear to my understanding; that you may observe discretion.
-Proverbs 5:1-2


High school chemistry taught me a very valuable lesson: When certain substances come into close contact they can form a chemical reaction. I proved that one day during my senior year of high school when I dropped a jar full of pure sodium off a bridge into a river and nearly blew up the bridge. You'd think I would have at least had enough sense to step off the bridge!

"What I've learned since then is that many people don't respect the laws of chemistry any more than I did back then. They mix volatile ingredients without giving much thought to the explosion that could occur. In particular, many married people don't understand that a chemical reaction can occur with people other than their mates. Don't misunderstand me here-I'm not just talking about sexual attraction. I'm referring to a reaction of two hearts, the chemistry of two souls.

"This is emotional adultery-an intimacy with the opposite sex outside the marriage. Emotional adultery is unfaithfulness of the heart. When two people begin talking of intimate struggles, doubts or feelings, they may be sharing their souls in a way that God intended exclusively for the marriage relationship. Emotional adultery is friendship with the opposite sex that has progressed too far.

"Often it begins as a casual relationship at work, school or even church. A husband talks with a female co-worker over coffee and shares some struggles he's facing with his wife or kids. She tells of similar problems, and soon the emotions ricochet so rapidly that their hearts ignite and can ultimately become fused together as one. To those who have experienced it, this catalytic "bonding" seems too real to deny.

"You can take some steps to practice discretion in these matters. That's what I'll discuss in the next devotion.

Prayer:
"That God will give you wisdom and discernment to know when you might be risking a "chemical reaction."

Discussion:
In what situations can Christians find themselves committing emotional adultery?

By Dennis and Barbara Rainey
Moments Together For Couples

No comments: