Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Night Out... Just The Two Of Us.

My Knight and I decided to go on a date. It was a last minute date. Sometimes those are the best. He had a Little League Board meeting. So we decided to go after the meeting. The meeting ran longer than anticipated. But we still wanted to go out.

Would you believe that after 26 years, we still hold hands. Not just when we walk, but even in the car. Holding his hand makes me feel wanted, protected and loved. I'm sharing this cause while we drove to the restaurant, we held hands. Yes, we still do that, even when driving. Please don't turn us in. :o)

During dinner we talked a little and a lot about everything. Let me share how in tune we are with each other. The other day we went to the stores together. He saw some digital picture frames and mentioned, "That's what I need for my office." I told him, I was planning on getting him one, but wasn't sure which one to get. Well, tonight he mentioned what he was thinking about doing with the Christmas bonus. I smiled and told him, "Funny cause that's exactly what I was thinking."

Mind you this doesn't mean that we always see eye to eye on matters. I respect his views and he respects mine. Because we love each other, we put the other first. It goes without saying that God comes first though. :o) But you know what I mean. Since we put each other first, it brings balance to our relationship.

I LOVE my Knight. He is not perfect, neither am I (we all know only Jesus was perfect), but he's perfect for me. He makes me whole. I'm so thankful that God saw fit to bring us together. I'm so blessed!

You all know I'm a lover of words and I love quotes. A friend recently shared a quote and I thought it's perfect for this entry...

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'"
~Erich Fromm


my cup runneth over...

No comments: